So you've been diagnosed with T1D... Now what? For the newly diagnosed people with diabetes, use this episode as a reference for what you might encounter in the first day, first week, first month, and first year of diagnosis.
Being diagnosed with T1D is scary, especially if it came out of the blue. Just know that you are not alone with this condition. There is a huge community ready to rally around you and support you as you adjust to this new reality.
Powerful Question / Journaling Prompt
If you were diagnosed as an adult, think about the things that you wish you had known in the first year. I encourage you to share those insights with your diabetes community, wherever it is. If it’s on IG, tag us @thisistype1pod.
Links & Resources
- Follow us on Instagram @thisistype1pod
- Follow us on Facebook
- Support the podcast by buying us a coffee through Ko-fi!
- Just Diagnosed With Type 1 Diabetes
- Newly Diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes: What to Know
- What You Need to Know If You're Diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes
- Juicebox Podcast
- Diabetes Connections with Stacey Simms Podcast
- Diabetics Doing Things Podcast
- Dawning Diabetes Podcast
- Episode 56: Working Corporate with Type 1 Diabetes
- Episode 44: The Honeymoon Period
- What I Wish People Knew About Type 3C Diabetes - Beyond Type 1
Recommended Books for Newly Diagnosed T1Ds (Affiliate Links)
- The Diabetes Solution, by Dr. Richard Bernstein
- Think Like a Pancreas, by Dr. Gary Scheiner
- Diabetes Sucks and You Can Handle It, by Dr. Mark Heyman
- Sugar Surfing, by Stephen W. Ponder
- Bright Spots and Landmines, by Adam Brown
- Mastering Diabetes, by Cyrus Khambatta
- Type 1 Diabetes for the Newly Diagnosed, by Ariel Warren
- Fast. Feast. Repeat., by Gin Stephens
- Why We Get Sick, by Benjamin Bikman
- Lies My Doctor Told Me, by Dr. Ken Berry (Listen to episode 111 with Ken!)
- Tiny Habits, by B. J. Fogg
Our music is by Joseph McDade. Check out his website here!