Melissa Slemp embodies her philosophy of abundant health with type 1 diabetes. Learn her “magic formula” to maintaining an average A1c of 5.7%!
She has lived with T1D for over 40 years, is married to a T1D, and helps midlife women with diabetes better control blood sugars and drop the weight.
Listen in to hear her wisdom after such a long time living with T1D.
Meet Melissa Slemp
Melissa is a wife and mom and managing type 1 diabetes was a struggle right after she was diagnosed at 14. By staying consistent for forty years she survived diabetic retinopathy, menopause, empty nest, and life’s curve balls, all while running two thriving businesses.
After 20+ years of 9-5 corporate stress she left to pursue her dreams and study a holistic approach to better manage her diabetes and coach others.
Now a certified health coach and personal trainer, she has learned so much about what her body needs, and shares this with other busy women struggling with the daily grind of diabetes.
Melissa spends her downtime with husband David (also type 1 diabetic) and their dog Kona keeps them active, with paddle boarding, biking, and they love date nights at local wineries.
What lessons can you take from Melissa’s 40 years with T1D?
Links & Resources
- Follow us on Instagram @thisistype1pod
- Follow us on Facebook
- Support the podcast by buying us a coffee through Ko-fi!
- Abundant Health with Melissa: Website
- Instagram @bloodsugarboss
- Melissa’s Private Facebook Group – Diabetes is Delicious
- Free recipes Low-carb Meals in 30 minutes or less
- Bright Spots and Landmines by Adam Brown
- Episode 55: The Bright Spots of T1D with Adam Brown
Subscribe to the Podcast
Our music is by Joseph McDade. Check out his website here!