Meet Lissie, an Integrative Diabetes Health Coach and creator of the Needles and Spoons Health & Wellness Coaching Experiences. Lissie helps overwhelmed Type One Diabetics gain more predictability in their blood sugars so they can finally take their plans off hold and welcome new life experiences.
Lissie's signature 360 degree approach to coaching creates a proactive space in taking you from confused to confident in your blood sugar management.
Meet Lissie Poyner
After being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at age 19, and Crohn's Disease at age 23, Lissie leaned into a root-cause approach of learning more about her body.
Her relationship with T1D turned from resentment to curiosity! She leaned into understanding how her foods, hormones, exercise, stress, relationships, and environments impacted her overall health and blood sugar management.
By taking this approach, she reduced her A1c from 7.1% to 5.7%, and her Crohn's has gone into remission.
Lissie is a Certified Health Coach and personal trainer for people with T1D. Inside her signature coaching program, Keeping It 100, her team of coaches dives into the holistic approach of diabetes management by helping clients reverse engineer behavioral defaults, daily decision making, nutrition, exercise, and hormone strategy. They take a restriction-free approach to living with the 'betes so their members can add more to their lives, instead of taking away from it.
Links & Resources
- Join us in the Half-Dead Pancreas Club, our private Discord community for people with T1D.
- Follow us on Instagram @thisistype1pod, @jj_crystalkat, & @inspiredforward
- Follow us on Facebook
- Instagram: Lissie Poyner | Diabetes Health Coach, CPT (@needlesandspoons_)
- Website: Needles and Spoons Home
- The Keeping it 100 Journal: Keeping it 100 Diabetes Journal: A 10 Week Guide to Managing Blood Sugars Without Overwhelm
- Think Like a Pancreas, by Gary Scheiner (affiliate link)
- The Essential Guide to NLP, by Tom Dotz (affiliate link)
Our music is by Joseph McDade. Check out his website here!