In this episode, we’re talking about six common issues for newly diagnosed T1Ds, and how to handle them.
- Shock & confusion about being diagnosed to begin with
- Not enough resources provided up front
- Worry about what will change in your life
- Way too many conflicting opinions about food and exercise
- Lack of community, especially local
- The insurance debacle
This is not an exhaustive list, but a place to start if you're newly diagnosed or know someone newly diagnosed.
Now It's Your Turn...
How can you be the change, if you are newly diagnosed what programs would you like to see, where can you find them?
Links & Resources
Our music is by Joseph McDade. Check out his website here!