An oldie but a goodie! Back in episode 69, we highlighted the top 3 insulin pump manufacturers, the features of each pump, and what was possibly in the pipeline (as we knew then).
The info in this episode is still relevant especially with so many new diagnoses, and especially since many doctors offices and endocrine clinics have financial relationships with Medtronic... which means T1Ds might not even know about the other insulin pump options out there.
Like anything with your T1D care, the insulin pump you choose should be an informed decision, and not one that you get strong-armed into. For some, MDI works better. For others, Omnipod.
That's what it comes down to: the freedom to CHOOSE.
So take a listen to this MVP episode on the different kinds of pumps out there.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Learn more about the Medtronic pumps here
- Learn more about the Tandem t:Slim X2 Pump here
- You can find the comparison chart between the Omnipod Eros and Dash systems here.
- Healthline: An Insulin Pump Guide from DiabetesMine
- Edwards Health Care Services: Find the Right Insulin Pump to Fit your Needs!
- Original Episode 69: Insulin Pump Manufacturers
Community & Social
- Join us in the Half-Dead Pancreas Club, our private Discord community for people with T1D.
- Follow us on Instagram @thisistype1pod, @jj_crystalkat, & @type1ravenclaw
- Follow us on Facebook
Our music is by Joseph McDade. Check out his website here!