What do you do when your kid is diagnosed? Jay Rush's 5-year-old son was diagnosed at the end of January 2022, so he's in the thick of learning the ins and outs of T1D.
Jay has a great perspective on T1D and what it means for his son's future. Parents of newly diagnosed kiddos, listen in for Jay's wisdom on this!
Meet Jay Rush
Jay Rush is a lifelong skiier, surfer, and Brazilian jiu-jitsu practitioner. As a Life Coach School certified coach, he specializes in success through resilience and healthy emotional experiences.
He is the divorce coach for men. As a parent of a newly diagnosed T1D kiddo, Jay is in the thick of learning something new.
Connect with Jay on Instagram @jayrush_coaching or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Powerful Question / Journaling Prompt
After listening to Jay’s experience, how would you want to approach the possibility of your child being diagnosed with T1D? What can you start to think on purpose today that might help you prepare, if not for that, but for any difficult circumstance in the future?
Links & Resources
- Follow us on Instagram @thisistype1pod
- Follow us on Facebook
- Support the podcast by buying us a coffee through Ko-fi!
- Connect with Jay on Instagram
- Jay Rush Coaching—Reinventing Divorce
- Reinventing Adulthood Podcast
- Sugar Surfing, by Stephen W. Ponder (affiliate link)
- Think Like a Pancreas, by Gary Scheiner (affiliate link)
- Wherever You Go, There You Are, by Jon Kabat-Zinn (affiliate link)
- Untamed, by Glennon Doyle (affiliate link)
Our music is by Joseph McDade. Check out his website here!