How do you stand up for yourself in the realm of type 1 diabetes? How do you make sure you get the medical care, the emotional support, the community, and the medication that you need to not just survive, but thrive with T1D? It all comes down to diabetes self-advocacy.
Knowing how to be an advocate for yourself with T1D gives you the power to make decisions that are in your best interest for the long term.
Powerful Question / Journaling Prompt
Think about what situations you might find yourself in over the next month where you’ll need to self-advocate. How can you prepare yourself now so that goes smoothly?
Links & Resources
- Follow us on Instagram @thisistype1pod
- Follow us on Facebook
- Support the podcast by buying us a coffee through Ko-fi!
- Listen to my guest episode on The Leader's Lab Podcast: Managing Your Mind to Better Manage Your Business as a Type 1 Diabetic (Spotify)
- My guest bio on Dr. Charity TV
- Episode 157: How to Start a CDN Chapter
- College Diabetes Network
Our music is by Joseph McDade. Check out his website here!