Wondering how to talk to your doctor about health problems that are not related to T1D? Especially if that doctor thinks that T1D is the problem?
Listen in for some communication strategies and ways to stand up for yourself in situations where it feels like the docs aren’t listening to you.
Now It’s Your Turn…
What is something you can say to help your doctor listen?
If you want to hear what others have to say on this, join the Half-Dead Pancreas Club.
Links & Resources
- Follow us on Instagram @thisistype1pod
- Follow us on Facebook
- Join the Half-Dead Pancreas Club – a private community on Discord for those with T1D who want to get away from the noise of social media
- Let Me Be 83 – resource for parents with children who have T1D
- diaTribe – great blog and resource for T1Ds.
- Bright Spots and Landmines – free book written by Adam Brown, who we’ve interviewed, and who was an editor for diaTribe
- Episode 78: Bogus Cures & Claims Across History
Subscribe to the Podcast
Our music is by Joseph McDade. Check out his website here!