I’m sharing lessons learned from going on 52 hikes in 2022—that’s one hike every week, on average, for an entire year. When I first heard that people did 52 hikes in a year, I thought they were crazy. I mean, who has that kind of time?
Turns out, I do! I made the time for it.
Here's a highlight of my top lessons learned from 52 hikes:
- It's okay to change plans.
- I had to be willing to go low in order to figure out how to not go low.
- The hike counts if I want it to count.
- While my BGs don't determine my emotions, they do impact my physical sensations.
- Timing, trail length, incline, weather, and food ALL had an impact on my blood sugars.
Now It's Your Turn...
What’s a big experiment you can run in 2023? What do you hope to learn from or get out of that experiment? We’d love to hear your answers in the Half-Dead Pancreas Club!
Links & Resources
Our music is by Joseph McDade. Check out his website here!