Wondering how to actually run an experiment with your T1D? The scientific method is a simple way to organize how you think about experimenting. Jessie and I break down this method using T1D as an example.
The scientific method is an experimentation cycle consisting of:
- Observation / stating a question
- Researching the topic
- Forming a hypothesis
- Testing with an experiment
- Analyzing the data
- Reporting conclusions / adjusting the hypothesis
Oftentimes we will re-run the experiment, and the key here is to only change one variable at a time.
Listen in for our discussion on the whole cycle.
Now It’s Your Turn…
How can you apply the Scientific Method to problems in your T1D life? What are some hypotheses and experiments you can try to figure out what to change? We’d love to hear about them in the Half-Dead Pancreas Club.
Links & Resources
- Join us in the Half-Dead Pancreas Club, our private Discord community for people with T1D.
- Follow us on Instagram @thisistype1pod, @jj_crystalkat, & @inspiredforward
- Follow us on Facebook
- Scientific method – Wikipedia
Subscribe to the Podcast
Our music is by Joseph McDade. Check out his website here!