Rachel Halverson: registered nurse, certified diabetes care and education specialist (CDCES), and board certified nurse coach.
She's lived with T1D for over 25 years and now helps T1Ds learn how to "radically accept" the diagnosis with mindfulness and resilience.
I also have Rachel to thank for a truly mind-blowing T1D travel hack that you'll have to listen to the end for, but it's SOOOOO good.
Meet Rachel Halverson
Rachel is a registered nurse, certified diabetes care and education specialist, and board certified nurse coach. She has also been living with type 1 diabetes for 25 years. She strives to compassionate, weight neutral, trauma informed care for people with diabetes.
She has worked with 100's of clients and created diabetes education curriculums for hospitals and insurance companies. The goal is to provide information that allows PWDs to feel empowered in decision making to live life fully alongside diabetes.
Based in Atlanta, Rachel enjoys spending free time playing video games and traveling.
Connect with Rachel on Instagram @givemesomesugardiabetes or on her website, givemesomesugar.coach.
Mentioned in This Episode
- @givemesomesugarcoach on Instagram
- @givemesomesugarbetes on TikTok
- givemesomesugar.coach website
- How to be Sick: A Buddhist-Inspired Guide for the Chronically Ill and Their Caregivers, by Toni Bernhard
- Diabetes Sucks and You Can Handle It: Your Guide to Managing the Emotional Challenges of T1D, by Mark Heyman
- Episode 161 with Dr. Mark Heyman
Community & Social
- Join us in the Half-Dead Pancreas Club, our private Discord community for people with T1D.
- Follow us on Instagram @thisistype1pod, @jj_crystalkat, & @type1ravenclaw
- Follow us on Facebook
Our music is by Joseph McDade. Check out his website here!